Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

We need ideas. Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxieday345

Hi. We're designing an automatic pop-up and collapsible tent as part of our design project. We need help on how to create a push button that will trigger the tent to automatically pop-up/collapse. We are still thinking on its structure but as of now, we really need help on the switch. Scenario: Let's say I'm 3 meters away from the tent. Once I press the push button, the tent must pop-up. We need ideas. Help. Thanks in advance.

Ten bucks on ebay, and the electronics part of the remote control is solved. Press a button on a key fob, and a relay trips to operate whatever motor opens the tent. You'll need to think about how this operates. You could set up the remote so you need to hold the button until the tent is erected; it's probably a good idea to add a limit switch so the motor stops turning when the tent is fully open.

Or you could add some additional electronics so the button just triggers the process, and the process runs until the tent is fully open. This could be as simple as adding a switch that is mechanically closed when the process starts and ends when the limit switch is activated.

**broken link removed**

If you're asking about the mechanism to make the tent open, I think that's a key part of the project and difficult for anybody to figure out remotely anyway.

You need to think about how the tent is going to be closed too!

Well, well, well, have a look here:

Tinned process meat products come to mind, and I don't mean corned beef...

JimB

It certainly smacks of Homework, so perhaps is not in the appropriate forum.

It could be a lazy lecturer setting the same problem each year.

Mike.
And the student then asks for help in the very same way (word for word)? I doubt it.

unless the assignment was from a Psych class and the prof said, post this exact phrase to an electronics forum and analyse the idiots who try to help you.

Phrase: "Hi. We're designing an automatic pop-up and collapsible tent as part of our design project. We need help on how to create a push button that will trigger the tent to automatically pop-up/collapse. We are still thinking on its structure but as of now, we really need help on the switch. Scenario: Let's say I'm 3 meters away from the tent. Once I press the push button, the tent must pop-up. We need ideas. Help. Thanks in advance."

Looks like OP is not the one pushing buttons here......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back