Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

We Have New Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectroMaster

Administrator
Hi guys,

A few weeks ago I was contacted by a third party and asked if I was interested in selling the site, and while I normally don't reply to these requests the timing was right for me (I have two kids and a fiancee now!). The company who approached me was WTWH Media and they have been in the industry for many years and have many resources that will allow them to take the site to the next level. WTWH Media are now the new owners of ETO.

I will still be here and do not plan on leaving anytime soon. However this thread is more of an introduction to the new owners so please do welcome them.

Regards,
EM

Last edited:
So nice old reliable, dependable, stable ETO becomes another site that has fallen to Marketing..

And naturally, the likes of Nigel and Ian and Jim and Matt should agree with this :( I think not.
Me, for one, I will see how it goes.

I have my Friends here...In fact every single person that happens to post here...in a way..is my Friend..
Heck. Outsider, Insider, Mod or whatever.....we get along.

An absolutely unique Brand on the Net...not found anywhere else..like a Bastion of friendlyness..
No matter what.

Old school politeness. That is what has made ETO special for me.

And as a long time Member here....I am but a guest anyway...no real clout :wideyed:

tvtech

^^^^ Fair enough North..
Whereto from here though :banghead:

Remember, other Forums out there are/were not as friendly as ETO....
Remember, never smartness here...never arguments....

Never Members fighting....

So now???????

I cannot possibly think of another Forum out there that has ETO's CHARACTER...

Personally I cannot think of a Forum out there that cuts it...none...nadah.

Finished. Tried them all...and crawled back to ETO. And PROUDLY so.

tvtech

WTWH Media, LLC also recently bought EDABoard (https://www.edaboard.com/thread296233.html). As Sergeant Schultz might say, "very interesting."

The one change I have noticed at EDABoard is lack of responsiveness of the new owners. If one had a question about the forum, Gulson, the previous owner, would respond. So far, no response from the new owners to any questions.

ElectroMaster, I will miss you. I hope the new pattern at EDABoard is not repeated here.

Best regards and best wishes to you and your new bride.

John

Wow I just come back from a week in the woods at summer camp with my son and this happens?

By God..

I have not been here long, but I can tell it's a nice, unique place.
Err, was.

I know what happens to everything when this happens..

The dumb, plain logo says it all.

Last edited:
I can't see what all the fuss is.... Its the people that make the site not the owners!!!!

Why would anything change?? I they start loosing members, then the site will fail.. Why would the new owners want that!!!!

Time will tell, but I for one can't see a problem....

I can't see what all the fuss is.... Its the people that make the site not the owners!!!!

Why would anything change?? I they start loosing members, then the site will fail.. Why would the new owners want that!!!!

Time will tell, but I for one can't see a problem....

I agree Ian, I can't see any reason for anything much to change - and if it did change disastrously I could always host a similar site myself (although I've no designs on doing so).

Oh well, in spite of all that has happened so quickly, I will play a waiting game.

I will keep checking ETO from time to time until things sort themselves out.

We will see what happens. All I know from my personal experience is that ETO is a one of a kind website...unique, special and a comfortable home on the Net. Like a friendly home where people get along and are basically one happy family.

Absolutely unique and not understood by those that were/are not part of it. And the envy of all not in the know

Regards,
tvtech

I agree Ian, I can't see any reason for anything much to change - and if it did change disastrously I could always host a similar site myself (although I've no designs on doing so).

How expensive and difficult would be that, Nigel? I have no experience at all. Interested on your comments.

As long as nothing changes I won't have a problem except for the blackness on the top which is already bugging me, but hey, that's just my opinion :)

I have been planning to make some website anyway, so it would give me a purpose if it does.

Not that I want it to, I think I made it sound like I did..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back