Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Way too much bass in my mic pre-amp

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, audioguru, I'm going to take a crack at your electret mic preamp. I do have two questions before I start my electronic adventure, though.

Does your circuit provide power for the electrets?
R1 powers a single electret mic from a filtered voltage. If you want more mics then two or three can be connected in parallel then the value of R1 should be reduced.

Also, because the Zen has NO amplifying at all, it requires quite a loud input to be just under clipping. If you'll excuse the non-precise comparison, it requires something similar to an MP3 player on 2/3 volume. So, because your circuit is a pre amp, it'll also need another amplifier afterwards, correct? Or will your circuit amplify the mic quite a bit more than I'm thinking?
My preamp has plenty of adjustable gain. With a 9.0V supply its max output before clipping is 2.3V RMS which is much more than an MP3 player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back