Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Way to go Fluke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerStrom8

Super Moderator
I wasn't aware of that Matt, thanks for the link.

Trademarking colours..... how does that go? Have JCB and Caterpillar got into a huge spat in the past, over yellow & black on backhoes/front-loaders?
Both of the manufacturer's product essentially look the same.

Nice gesture from Fluke to donate equipment to the same value of seized goods though.

I wasn't aware of that Matt, thanks for the link.

Trademarking colours..... how does that go? Have JCB and Caterpillar got into a huge spat in the past, over yellow & black on backhoes/front-loaders?
Both of the manufacturer's product essentially look the same.

Nice gesture from Fluke to donate equipment to the same value of seized goods though.

It's not exactly a trademark in the traditional sense, I forget what it's actually called though. But they are able to prevent copycat styles from hitting the market (which is how this whole thing got started anyway).

It does make sense. These guys made it look like a fluke. Why did they do that? To sell more.

It does make sense. These guys made it look like a fluke. Why did they do that? To sell more.

I am more than half tempted that Fluke jumped in and donated their meters just so that there would be no chance of these supposed chinese knockoffs hitting the market and having someone find out that their expensive supposedly high end Flukes are actually these $3 a pop chinese crapo meters (from the exact same overseas source) that some sparkfun was planning to sell for $15. :rolleyes:

Not a Fluke fan BTW. :p

I am just glade to see a big conglomerate like Fluke Helping the little guys, and the DIY world.

Definitely a wonderful gesture on Fluke's part. But very, very good Marketing too...

At the end of the day people who might never have been able to compare a Fluke with a cheap meter will be sold on the Fluke sometime in the near future...

And will save for and buy one even if they really don't need it for their hobbyist applications :). Quality is quality.

Thanks for sharing Matt.

Interesting stuff.

Regards,
tvtech

interesting indeed, funny thought, yellow/grey (black?) combination is pretty frequent...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back