Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Waveform

Status
Not open for further replies.

eceone

Hi,

I am working on a project. I am having trouble creating an adjustable-height and adjustable frequency sawtooth wave with a max amplitude of 0V to -1000V (from a 0 to 5 V input) at a frequency between 10 and 100 HZ. Also, I want to have a "monitor" output and a trigger at the start of the downward ramp.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm sorry, did you say 1000 volts?

yes, i want the output of the downward ramp to be from 0 to -1KV(-1000 volts).

any help is appreciated.

Why do you want to do this?

Please help. that's my only problem with this project as i can't seem to get the wave form correctly.

Last edited:
It's 1000 volts eceone.... even 1ma of current is a watt of power. You need to really fully describe what you're driving. What's the trigger voltage?

I do not know "fabryinferometer". Help?
Current???
Is the trigger an input or output?

I want a triangular input wave with an adjustable height that has a peak of 5 volts. i.e. it has an amplitude that varies up to 5 volts. Also, the trigger is an input that is high at the maximum peak of 5 volts.

this is meant to be an input for the high voltage amplifier. The high voltage amplifier produces to the 0 to -1000 ramp wave. forget about the fabryinferometer.

hope this information is enough to at least provide me with some ideas as to how to go about it.

thanks.

Do you want this voltage and frequency to be manually adjustable or controlled by a computer?

You said you tried using an A/D. Do you mean a D/A?

Why do I need to know what a fabryinferometer is?
It is very hard to make a 0 to -1kv amplifier. (parts)
It is easy to make a 0 to +1kv amplifier. (20 to +1020 volts)
It a fabryinferometer is what I think then the + ramp will work.
The output can not take much current!

There are two parts to this.
1- make a 0 to 5 volts ramp.
2- make amplifier.

If you don't want every one to know what you are doing you can send a private e-mail. I will post the amplifier so every one can see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back