Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Waterproof/Shock Proof Power strips

Status
Not open for further replies.
The unit is apparently just sealed, with sockets that are also sealed to prevent water from getting into the strip through the socket holes. Water is not a particularly good conductor of electricity (distilled water is an insulator, its the dissolved salt or minerals that make it somewhat conductive) so there's no significant current flow across the contacts due to the surface water. And if it has a ground-fault interrupter, then you are protected from any current that may leak from the socket to you hand when holding it.

Also according to the warning it's not intended for use under water.

Thank crutschow and BrownOut for your reply.
But in their videos they are putting Tweezers inside the live wire without any electric shock,(please See this video YouTube - Safety Power Strip DEMO ) How it is possible? And I saw another news from India The inventor claimed that his device wont produce any electric shock even if we touch the live supply line. (pls forward this video to 2minuts time YouTube - Shocking invention: device to control shock) Sorry the audio is in Indian language.

But in their videos they are putting Tweezers inside the live wire without any electric shock,(please See this video YouTube - Safety Power Strip DEMO ) How it is possible?
At a quick guess, the third pin a switching the supplies to the power pins.
Nothing magical, if there had been power there, it would have gone with a flash and a bang!

And I saw another news from India The inventor claimed that his device wont produce any electric shock even if we touch the live supply line. (pls forward this video to 2minuts time YouTube - Shocking invention: device to control shock) Sorry the audio is in Indian language.
The Indian electrical system, dont make me laugh!
I have never seen such a half baked pile of junk in all my life.

And as for the video, made by children for children. What a load of rubbish!

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back