Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

water fogger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certain things can't be beaten with building it yourself.

this is one of them together in the same group as power inverters and cars and more of that stuff

finishings are also better as that you could posibly make.

Robert-Jan

I guess that operation frequency is higher than 40khz but not sure.
The oscillator is the easy to be built, but I have no info of the ultrasonic transducers they are using in those kinds of devices?
The electronics part store at my place sells kind of ultrasonic transducers used as ultrasonic cleaners, but I don't know if they are good for a such project or not. I am not sure of their operation freq too but I guess they are working at Mhz...

They're 40kHz allright. It's just making water vapor. The transducer is the tricky and not something you'd be likely to DIY. Like I said $25 seems like a deal actually.

I would like make it by my self to learn practical electronics.
Yea they are so cheap but I a have almost every thing (except of the transducer)

Hi,

if you don't want to mess around with a toy doing nothing but generating a bit of fog use a real water mist device.

Get yourself a water pump generating 15 to 20 bar of water pressure. Put the water through a spray nozzle and have the mist distributed in your green house.

That way plants grow much faster than being showered or just simply watered.

Boncuk

I got 2 of these a while back **broken link removed** , only did a quick test, kind of messy using a coffee cup. Flings water all over, guessing need deeper water, larger container. Puts out a good amount of fog though. I got them for a hydroponics project I've had on my mind for a while. Figure the vibrations should inhibit bacteria, algae, and fungus growth, a little anyway.

well According to a US patent they are working at 1.7Mhz or so.

I bought a PZT from the local store. The seller had no info of their operating freq (resonance) though! they are thick and flat.
How do I figure the resonance of them?

HarveyH42,
Is there any oscillator circuit inside of the device or the PZTs are self resonated?
Do you have any info of the PZTs operating volatge?
I am wondering why the PZTs do not wet due to the water...

well According to a US patent they are working at 1.7Mhz or so.

I bought a PZT from the local store. The seller had no info of their operating freq (resonance) though! they are thick and flat.
How do I figure the resonance of them?

HarveyH42,
Is there any oscillator circuit inside of the device or the PZTs are self resonated?
Do you have any info of the PZTs operating volatge?
I am wondering why the PZTs do not wet due to the water...

Got to go to work soon, but will dig it out later and see about voltage. Don't think the frequency is that high.

The PZT disc itself is thin, just like the audio types, gasket material on the ceramic side. The whole thing is encased in stainless, as is the disc the ceramic is bonded. Didn't look to see if the unit was easy to take a part. Power supply is 24V 2.5 amps.

Thanks,

See if you are able to put several pics of the taked apart structure here plz?

I have several of those audio thin PZT's but don't think the freq is that low!

If it is I am able to build one by my self very easily and with few dollars.

Got to go to work soon, but will dig it out later and see about voltage. Don't think the frequency is that high.

The PZT disc itself is thin, just like the audio types, gasket material on the ceramic side. The whole thing is encased in stainless, as is the disc the ceramic is bonded. Didn't look to see if the unit was easy to take a part. Power supply is 24V 2.5 amps.

I am waiting for you eagerly..

I am waiting for you eagerly..

The portion that holds the disk, also has the driver, and is sealed. appears to be pressed together, or glued really good. This sealed part is all stainless, about the size of a silver dollar, maybe half inch tall. Don't figure on destroying it, just to get a peak. From the size, doubt it's something you could replicate.

The power supply, is simply a step down transformer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back