Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Water Activated Alarm [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectroMaster

Administrator
ElectroMaster submitted a new article:

Water Activated Alarm - The circuit uses a 555 timer wired as an astable oscillator and powered by the emitter current of t

The circuit uses a 555 timer wired as an astable oscillator and powered by the emitter current of the BC109C. Under dry conditions, the transistor will have no bias current and be fully off. However as the probes get wet the transistor will conduct and sounding the alarm.

An On/Off switch is provided and remember to use a non-reactive metal for the probe contacts. Gold or silver plated contacts from an old relay may be used, however a cheap alternative is to wire alternate copper strips...

Read more about this article...

Great circuit. Very Useful for me. I am definitely gonna make this one. My water supply is discontinuous and i want to know when the water is supplied and when my tank empties. Thanks again.

I am intrested in a water sensing alarm, but can't help wonder why not just connect the 9V battery to the alarm? Break a wire and fix the broken ends close together at the first place water would collect. When the ends of the broken wire get wet, the alarm sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back