Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Watch out for this everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvelous. One more idiot on the loose... (my worry bucket overfloweth :banghead:).

The world is full of malevolent subhumans who somehow enjoy bringing misery to others.

I hope that this ''dog bites it's owner'' someday and fries it's laptop, house and hopefully him/herself too. May sound cruel, but i don't have sympathy for these ''own-world-clowns''
Just sad if someone burns brand-new laptop for this :/

I hope that this ''dog bites it's owner'' someday and fries it's laptop, house and hopefully him/herself too. May sound cruel, but i don't have sympathy for these ''own-world-clowns''
Just sad if someone burns brand-new laptop for this :/
Good. When we get him we'll extradite him to Finland.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't use simulators of any kind, I'm happily married.

Stuxnet and Fanny were USB Trojans with malicious intent.

This was intended to show the USB current limiters, TVS and transorbs do not protect against steady -100 to -200V at a few Watts or many kJ. Eventually, something will fail. Hardware, ethics or humanity. But probably just an SMT fuse.

this was intended to be a proof of security breach and not for malicious intent.

Lesson learned … before inserting an USB device into your PC, be sure about its origin.

Lesson learned … before inserting an USB device into your PC, be sure about its origin.
I was thinking about prying USB-devices open, but then warranties are void, and that doesn't give 100% certainty whether it is trapped or counterfeit :/

Like Black Hat convention in Las Vegas every year, the purpose of specify experts who try to break security for a prize is for the White Hats to learn to improve security.

How often does one actually come up with a thumb drive that's a booby trap? Where would you get one. I can see picking up a virus by sharing a thumb drive with someone, but how many of these destroyers are out there and how would you get one?

How often does one actually come up with a thumb drive that's a booby trap? Where would you get one. I can see picking up a virus by sharing a thumb drive with someone, but how many of these destroyers are out there and how would you get one?
They are available only to the need to know for security show and tell. I have no doubt those who search for one will be watched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back