Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wanted: Schematic for 12 vdc input 19.5 vdc output supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

0x00x0

I want to build a power supply which takes in 12 - 13.5 volts dc and converts it to 19.5 volt dc output, at 3.34 amps. Anyone ever come across one? If no, I would appreciate advise on how to design it..

The power supply is to allow me to plug my laptop into my car battery.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I want to build a power supply which takes in 12 - 13.5 volts dc and converts it to 19.5 volt dc output, at 3.34 amps. Anyone ever come across one? If no, I would appreciate advise on how to design it..

The power supply is to allow me to plug my laptop into my car battery.

Thanks in advance.
Kchriste has rightly pointed for the good health of the Laptop how ever, there is an article on it in elektor and the schematic is attached below. for details you may reach

**broken link removed**

perhaps you may have to register and they charge 10 credits (0.8 b pounds) for article download.It is useful provided you are experienced builder of projects. If you are at an early stage, i also join Kchriste, suggesting you to for a ready made 12 to 19V converter, as many are sold in local markets

Attachments

• 12v to 19V 5Amps.pdf
    21.8 KB · Views: 1,828
Thanks for the sound advice. I think I will get the pre-built one in this case, since the laptop is quite expensive and I do not want to chance messing anything up.

Best regards to you both..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back