Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Want to (wire) remote a volume switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatfenders

I have an inexpensive AM/FM unit that I want to install in a specialty car. I want to install a wired remote on/off volume switch. I do not want to remote the treble/bass switch. I have photographed the original switch which you can see **broken link removed**.
My questions are: (1) How do I ID the wires for the on/off circuit and (2) the volume control circuit. Once I have ID'd the right wires I want to change them over to the remote switch which would be, of course, a simple pot with off/on control (but I don't even know what kind to get). I have played around with my VOM trying to isolate the off/on switch but have not even been successful there. I have just enough understanding of stuff at this level to not be considered 'ignorant', but do qualify as 'dangerous'!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back