Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

want to make high Current Transformerless Powersupply... kindly help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Friends;

i have made a battery charger successfully with a maximum output of 20A. i used 20A transformer in it but it is too bulky and having larger in size and having cost double than the original circuit... so i want to replace the transformer with an Electronic circuit....

How should i design its schematic ... kindly help me... formulatic evaluation and related links will be very appreciated.

sincere regards;
Qaisar Azeemi

Basically you don't - you already have the best solution for a battery charger.

To make it smaller you 'could' make it switch-mode, but that would require much more complex electronics, a MUCH higher level of skill, and a specially made transformer.

So there is no solution at all in LDO type supplies.....

:-(

i think chinees are making these..... and some UPSes in our country are also using transformerless approach.... :-(

Please also mention your input voltage and output voltage which you required?

Last edited:
maximum input voltage is 40V and maximum out put voltage is 28.5V while minimum output voltage is 7.8V.

But high current will flow only during 28.5V output of the charger iff it is used to charge 100AH through 200AH PB Batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back