Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

want to make 5 volt 2 Amp DC power supply, plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Rathod

Hello Friends,
If anybody can advice me about my issue, i want to built a dc power supply of 5 volt and 2 Amp of current as a DC output.What should i do..

Thank you

Do you want to build it, or do you simply need it for your project? If you simply need the supply, the easiest way is to find an old wall-wart.

Do you want it to plug into the wall or run from a battery?

Does the supply need tight regulation of the voltage or current? What tolerance? Linear or SMPS?

i want to plug it into wall.

Since you do not list a location we have no idea what your wall outlet voltage is? Additionally, since you don't list a location it makes it difficult to call out the parts since I don't know what your source of parts is?

Thus if you want a regulated 5 volts I suggest you start with a regulator like the LM 323. The data sheet will tell you how tight it regulates and show some basic circuit drawings. The LM 323 with a heat sink is good for 3 Amps so should meet your needs. You will also need a transformer, filter capacitors and some hardware.

Ron

Since you do not list a location we have no idea what your wall outlet voltage is? Additionally, since you don't list a location it makes it difficult to call out the parts since I don't know what your source of parts is?

Thus if you want a regulated 5 volts I suggest you start with a regulator like the LM 323. The data sheet will tell you how tight it regulates and show some basic circuit drawings. The LM 323 with a heat sink is good for 3 Amps so should meet your needs. You will also need a transformer, filter capacitors and some hardware.

Ron

that will help full to me,
i want to use this ckt to charge my tablet samsung tab2. and specification of charger of tablet said it is 5 v 2 amp .........
so do i follow the same LM 323

that will help full to me,
i want to use this ckt to charge my tablet samsung tab2. and specification of charger of tablet said it is 5 v 2 amp .........
so do i follow the same LM 323

Yes, for what you want or need a LM323 will work and a Google will bring up the data sheet. You will also need transformer to reduce your mains voltage. You want a transformer with the secondary rated for at least 2 Amps. Secondary voltage should be about 6.3 Volts so a good 6.3 volt filament transformer should work rated at about 3 amps. The below image is about what you want.

5 Volt PS.png

The above is a basic linear type supply. There are other designs like SMPS as Alec mentioned. The LM323 data sheet shows a few examples.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back