Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

want to build an off line tesla coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

viper77707

i want to build an oltc.what is a simple schematic?the simpler it is the better.im not looking for great performance,a 1 inch spark would be great but i dont mind if it is a huge spark.i want to build it around a 2 inch tesla coil...11 inches of winding and 27 to 30 gauge wire.i just need a very easy to follow and cheap schematic.

There's a real easy "solid state tesla coil" design that used a TV flyback, but it has to be one of the old flybacks that had an EXTERNAL diode in the tube's anode lead. Like an old B/W TV which are surprisingly hard to find nowadays. The big console TVs had huge flybacks.

no but i want an air core transformer powered by a capacitor and an igbt or n channel mosfet to discharge capacitor through a primary.ahh what is it called?oh yea an oltc.lol!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back