Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Want to amplify voltage ? help please..

Status
Not open for further replies.

yusuf

I have a the following specification friends :

voltage : 6v
current : 2A

Friends I want to convert this voltage(6v) to 100 volts 1A , how can i accomplish this task...
please friend help..

thanks in advanced...

That's an impossibility. 6V * 2A = 12 Watts.
100V * 1A = 100 Watts

You can't get more power out of anything than you put in.
You didn't say whether your input is AC or DC. That would make a big difference as to the technology you could use to handle the task if your output and/or input specs were more appropiate.

Cheers,
Dave M

AC or DC (for both the input and output)?

Not that it really matters - I don't see how you would be able to conserve half the current provided with a jump in that much voltage; I mean, you can do what you are wanting to do, but generally, if you are increasing the voltage, your current goes down in a proportional manner.

Even so - I would be interested in seeing a solution, if one is possible...

voltage : 6v
current : 2A
I want to convert this voltage(6v) to 100 volts 1A , how can i accomplish this task...

Get the religious prophet of your choice to give you a special dispensation to exempt your project from the laws of Thermodynamics.

Last edited:
Can this circuit will do my work ?

I have got this circuit from net ? will this circuit work ?
what is the out current ?

please friend have a look on this circuit and pls give a good advice regarding this ?
thanks in advance ?

Attachments

• circuit-high-dc-conv.jpg
    circuit-high-dc-conv.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 145
Mate, you are asking for blood from a stone, and if you find it possiable than let us know here, as a 100 years plus of collective knowledge would say it can not be done with the power factors given.

The circuit you post will work BUT not for what you want to do, with the power requirements you ask for.

Pete.

help v?

My input voltage is 9 volt and 5A ?
What will be the out current of my circuit ? which i have attach in pervious post ?

thanks in advance ?

What will be the out current of my circuit ? which i have attach in pervious post ?

thanks in advance ?

Do the simple maths!.

W = V x I

So that's 9V x 5A = 45W

So you're going to get less than 45W out, because of losses.

But assuming no losses - 45W / 100V = 0.45A.

thanks in advance ?

Sorry but this whole tread is absolutely ridiculous.

The OP has no understanding of some very basic electrical concepts.

The circuit posted uses a 555, does he seriously expect a 555 to usefully draw 5A from any supply?
The 555 will be smoking at a few 100mA.

JimB

Last edited:
To answer his question: how much current will this 555 circuit put out? Answer, about 20mA (0.02A)

Mike; I thought it was 200ma. But yes in either case no whare near whare he whats to be. Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back