Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

want help with player controls project please

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben2324

hiya, i am currently at college learning engineering. i want to find out the details behind play,stop,fast forward etc buttons..and how they work with a mp3 player because i have looked on google etc and found nothing. if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

The switch works by connecting two pads/conductors on the PCB or inside a microswitch. For a PCB switch, often a small metal dome with an indent is placed over the pads so that there is a tactile response when the button is pressed.

If you're wondering how the buttons actually start/stop/pause the MP3 music however, you'll find that they don't - the state of the switch (i.e. ON or OFF) is read by the MP3 controller (an IC), which can control how the music is played/stopped/paused/etc.

In my head. Open up a few scrap devices and you'll see for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back