Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Want a project -Plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ,
I m a final year student of B.tech of electrical & electronics branch .I want to work on a decent project but I am lacking ideas.
would u plz suggest me some Working Project so that it would help me in getting admission in MS program in US.I have scored decent marks in GRE+TOEFL.
Plz reply soon.
THANK U.

MS? Do you mean Masters (Meng, MSc, MASc etc. )?
If so:

What area do you want to specialize in? This is a very important question if you're thinking of applying to any Masters program. The best advice that I can give you is that you should read-up on some topic that interests you the most, and do a small project on it. Now, the topic needs to be more indepth then what you were thought currently in school, as this could show to a potential school that you have an interest in learning.

Anyway, post a topic (or topics) that interest you right now, and maybe some suggestions could be given.

Thanx

Thanx for reply,
I m applying for Master of Science[MS] in Electrical & Computer department of various universities in US.

I have not decided the Program yet but it would be either related to Digital Signal processing or Robotics and Control unit.[as I am much interested in electronics field rather in Electrical]

So it would be really nice if u tell me some good project related to it .Plz the project should be something which I can complete, i mean it should not be very sophisticated.

Thanx.

Here's a few ideas that were done previously by some senior undergrad students on robotics. These topics were more advanced than what undergrad courses had to offer, but you can simplify them.

1. A robot (on a electric wheelchair chasis), with a robotic arm (I think it was a magnet), that picked up pop cans and moved them to another location. Now this project had fairly sophisticated control from electronics side, but even a more complex image processing that would identify the pop cans in robot's environment.

2. A coordination of robots (distributed or centralized) in a hazardous environment. (Something like a mineshaft, where robots would carry the ore to the surface). This is more of an AI project, but it involves different position and obstacle sensing techniques.

I am not sure if this helps....Maybe somebody else can suggest better projects...

pop said:
Here's a few ideas that were done previously by some senior undergrad students on robotics. These topics were more advanced than what undergrad courses had to offer, but you can simplify them.

1. A robot (on a electric wheelchair chasis), with a robotic arm (I think it was a magnet), that picked up pop cans and moved them to another location. Now this project had fairly sophisticated control from electronics side, but even a more complex image processing that would identify the pop cans in robot's environment.

2. A coordination of robots (distributed or centralized) in a hazardous environment. (Something like a mineshaft, where robots would carry the ore to the surface). This is more of an AI project, but it involves different position and obstacle sensing techniques.

I am not sure if this helps....Maybe somebody else can suggest better projects...

I would suggest reading some literature on the subject areas you are interested in to see what topics are hot / cutting edge / or of general interest to you. If you enjoy digital signal processing, join IEEE DSP society or other groups to see whats going on.

There are simply too many project ideas! Most of which you'll probably never go after. A more efficient process would be for you to suggest several ideas that you would be willing to work on and post them for further discussion / fine tuning..

Thanx again,
Ya the project u told are good but I want to do a bit more advance one .And it would be really appreciating if some communication is also added to it .
a robot having more electronics part than mechanical as I want to present it as a electronic model.

PLZ reply soon.
Thanx.

Optikon's right! There are too many ideas out there!

Reading some of online papers on problems in robotics or DSP is a great way to find out what field of research interests you. I know that reading takes time and that you want to start on a project as soon as possible, but it's worth it.

I've read an online paper a while back (can't remember by who), that dealt with robot communications and group AI. The authors conducted research in methods of allowing a group of robots to explore an unknown environment while constantly communicating with each other and sharing their exploration data. This has a great practical value, because the robots could be used in dangerous environments for search and rescue ops or simply to explore an inhabitable environment.

You said that you want to "show off" your electronics skills. How about designing and building a number of small robots that rely on microcontrollers to carry out a collective mapping of unexplored environment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back