Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

want a circuit for inverter to make it in house

Status
Not open for further replies.

subraswami

want a circuit for inveter .i want to do it in my home .also iwant the place where we can get solar cells .what will be the output of a small solar cell.
will the output varry with respect to the size

Most of us don't use an inverter because our electricity is reliable and inexpensive.
The ones who go away from civilization to camp or hunt animals buy an inexpensive Chinese inverter.

The internet has many inverter projects that blow up or do not run many modern electronic items because the waveform is a square-wave (so its peak voltage is much lower than the sine-wave from the mains) and there is no voltage regulation.
A few projects use a custom-made high frequency transformer so that their fairly complicated PWM circuit can make a pure sine-wave with voltage regulation like the Cheap Chinese inverters have.

Solar panels to power a home cost a fortune.
There is an advertising sign in a field beside a highway. Without mains electricity it used a huge solar panel that was very expensive but then its battery ran only for 1 hour in the evening following a sunny day and did not work following a cloudy day. So the owner installed a pretty big windmill that charges the battery well.

What do you call a small solar cell?
I have a small solar system being 1.5KW and that takes up over 10 square meters of roof space, and only contributes to the power needs Not replaces the power.

As for making an inverter, I would not even consider it, and that is from a person who has done electronics for years and has been involved with alternate energy for a long time too and understand the facts.

As audioguru said there is too many functions to consider or you will have a useless piece of junk that will damage more equipment than it will power, and secondly the efficency of the inverter is very important or you will waste more power than you will convert.

Yes some of the Chinese made ones are cheaper than you can make it yourself, but one word of advice here......DONOT.... buy a "Power Jack" brand inverter as i know of over 10 people who had bought them and they ALL blew up within 2 months, and also have a couple on my workshop bench here awaiting repair (not worth repairing in my mind)

Pete.

buying an inverter is cheaper than making one by self. the question is 'where to get good one?'. if china is not having electricity problem, then we can not get good inverter from that end. i have been using one i built myself for over 5 years and it's not given me any problem. being the very first one, the little problem i am having is that it can't run my desktop system which has been addressed in the subsequent one. one don't just copy circuit on internet and use but having good understanding if the subject matter. **broken link removed**

'small solar cell' this is relative. what you consider small might not necessarily by small to me. Output in terms power varies with size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back