Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

walkman cd player to usb

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGC622

Hey all,
Here is my situation, first off i have a if it cant be done i have to do it attitude. i have a stereo that has no cd player it has a ipod hookup, a cd changer hookup and a usb femail adapter. how i listen to music is usually i put my songs on my thumb drive and plug it in to the usb adapter and listen to them that way. I know that i can buy a adapter to change the cd changer input to a 1/8 port for the cd changer but i would like to accomplish this with plugging the cd player up to the usb adapter out of my stereo. I know this seems useless but it will bug me forever if i cant do it. Thank you for any suggestions
Scott

CD player to USB? what did you smoked man? hahahaha don't even think about it

it's a lot easier wiring your CD player with the iPod input. what type of connectors does the thing provide? Your CD player = discman??

Last edited:
i know its easier the other way but i would rather do it the other way because (1) i learn how to do it for future reference (2)i want to experiment on something (3) i satisfy my want to know how it can be done

No way man, do you know how does a USB device works?? In layman therms, a USB device comunicates with the PC (1st problem), identifies itself (2nd problem), asks how much power does it requiere and what is going to do (3rd problem). Also the computer should recognize your device, know how it works and communicate the received signal to the soundcard (4th problem). Solving all those issues would be a really cool project, but... only to connect a discman to a radio?

I suggest you to think in another simple USB kit to build, while you listen music with the iPod connection on your radio

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back