Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Walkie talkies

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomas55

I am wondering how could i make a walkie talkie circuit with a reciver and transmiter that can communicate voice over at least 50m to another walkie talkie circuit i have searched google and havent found something which will suit my needs any idears?

Hiya thomas,
Eh mate just go and buy a cheap pair of walkie talkies :!: I bought a cheap pair from Dick smiths and I can get the pair to work all over my 80 acre farm apart from the very back where there's a huge hill in the way. 50 metres isn't much even for the cheapies

cheers Bryan :D

thomas55 said:
the only reason i want to build some is i think they will be cheaper than buying some

You think wrong! - unless you already have all the parts?, and all the test equipment required to build and align RF circuitry?.

Nigel Goodwin said:
thomas55 said:
the only reason i want to build some is i think they will be cheaper than buying some

You think wrong! - unless you already have all the parts?, and all the test equipment required to build and align RF circuitry?.

there is not a definite right or wrong here.

Even if you go buy the parts, it could still be cheaper making your own.
It also depends on what appearance as well as the quality that you expect. If you just want to whip something up, and you don't want to use a project box for it, chances are that making it yourself is cheaper.

Nigel, the only pieces of test equiptment I have are my two eyes, my two ears, and a multimeter. :lol: half the time I don't even use the multimeter. I just go by logic.

Audioguru, did you pick up my heartbeat on your receiver yet?
:lol: :lol:
ya know, the thump.... thump..... thump....
anyone outside my house tuned to the right frequency can pick it up.

mstechca said:
Nigel, the only pieces of test equiptment I have are my two eyes, my two ears, and a multimeter. :lol: half the time I don't even use the multimeter. I just go by logic.

That's why your stuff doesn't work properly :lol:

You don't go by 'logic', you go by random guesses and ignoring things you don't agree with or understand!.

I have all the test equipment, and, if I like to dig a bit, probably all the parts. Also an amateur radio licence to get me by any legal guff. If I wanted a pair of short range walkie talkies, I'd STILL go out and buy them.

spuffock said:
I have all the test equipment, and, if I like to dig a bit, probably all the parts. Also an amateur radio licence to get me by any legal guff. If I wanted a pair of short range walkie talkies, I'd STILL go out and buy them.

Same here! (G8MMV).

Nigel Goodwin said:
spuffock said:

Same here! (G8MMV).

Same here! (GM3ZMA).

Nigel Goodwin said:
That's why your stuff doesn't work properly :lol:
DoesNT? It works, but not optimally. Nothing ever works optimally until you experiment well with it. In fact, No Windows operating system is perfect until you experiment with it.

You don't go by 'logic', you go by random guesses and ignoring things you don't agree with or understand!.

I was talking about basic logic here. and if I ignore things, it is because I think it doesn't help.

Nigel, Perhaps you should give me your address, and I'll mail you my circuit fully assembled on a circuit board. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back