Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

walkie talkie circuit research project

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniurtasun

**broken link removed**
hi i need to know how does this circuit work, it is suposed to be a simple walkie talkie schematic. for example i dont get the way the demodulation is done or the modulation itself an so on please is someone able to understand this circuit could you give me a hand?

Look at the schematic when the 4PDT switch is in the T and R positions.

The audio amplifier should be pretty obvious, but I'll give you a hint: the speaker is used as a mic when in transmitting mode.

The receiver is more subtle, it's a crystal oscillator when in transmit and a regenerative receiver when in receive.

I remember having a set of walkie talkies like this when I was a child except I think they had more transistors but I don't remember that well.

Some had only 4 transistors. Sony had a subsidiary (started with s, what was it) that exported them to the USA in the early 1960s.

If I remember rightly they were made in China but that doesn't make sense as it was the late 80s and cheap electronics weren't made there back then. I think they were made in the republic of China (Taiwan) not the People's republic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back