Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Walk-In Electronics Stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimate Dev'r

Anyone know of any places in North Carolina (around Raleigh), United States that sells electronic components, much like RadioShack does, but with a much larger variety?

You might find them in the phone book under "surplus electronics" or something to that effect. The best place to find one is through a robotics or RC car/plane club. Those are the best ways I know of.

You might contact a local amateur radio club and see if anyone knows. We are fortunate to have several good shops here - a couple of surplus places and an electronics store that provides support to industrial and commercial customers - and takes very good care of hobbyists too.

I live in RTP, and I know that there's a walk-in store somewhere; I just can't seem to find one. The closest one that I was able to find was over 100 miles away. What else do you all think that an electronics store would be listed as in a phone book, besides semiconductors?

I used to think they were awesome, but have tempered out on them. With Digikey and Mouser and some 8 surplus guys on the web, you can get just about anything at a much lower price than a storefront would.

Fry's has componets, I get a few things there but stuff costs many times what I get it for in the catalog and so it's only for if I only need one or two little things and can't wait.

And that's why I'm looking for a walk-in store near here; so whenever I need a part that RadioShack doesn't have, I don't have to wait forever to get the part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back