Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VOX wiring issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlicRic

Hi,
I need to install a couple of voice activated and lt activated relay switches, I've got a bit of a problem with the wiring. Lets just say that the relay is in its on state, does thmean the the NC contacts are forming a closed loop, and that the NO contacts are forming an open loop? Again lets pressume that the realy is in its off state, does this mean the NC loops are open, and the NO loops are closed?
If anyone knows please get back to me!
Thanks SlicRic.

Hi,
I need to install a couple of voice activated and lt activated relay switches, I've got a bit of a problem with the wiring. Lets just say that the relay is in its on state, does thmean the the NC contacts are forming a closed loop, and that the NO contacts are forming an open loop? .

No its the other way round.....

NC means that, when the relay is de-energised...

However, if you wire it up and the contact sense is wrong, swap them over.....

NC is Normally Closed, NO is Normally Open. "Normally" is the relay denergized.

It seems there's some doubt about my reply to the op's question...

It seems there's some doubt about my reply to the op's question...
The was no doubt.

I just was clarifying some of the terms for the op since he didn't seem to completely understand them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back