Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

vowel sounds applet and it's frequency response etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q1. This is the "Amplitude Cross‐Section Representation with the Sound Spectrograph". X axis is time. Y axis is frequency and also amplitude in -DB.

Q2. Attenuation: Across the board, equal diminishing of certain harmonic's signal strength. Envelope: a preselected re-shaping of the envelope the entire sound group is in, i.e., from a perfect square wave to a very slightly saw-toothed shape, for example, thereby altering the amplitudes of certain harmonics.

Q3. Differing preselected filters (for the vowel sounds "oh" or "ah", for example"), to control the harmonics within the envelope areas represented by the frequency response graph

Q4. Input frequency changes the pulse repetition rate of the input.

Q5. Total length changes the pulse width of the input signal

<EDIT> Don't know this app, but I'm pretty sure of the controls. I think this app would be used primarily by musicians to mix into their jam (or linguists, maybe...)

Last edited:
Thanks a lot, cowboybob.

I won't say that I understand it but I think I should give it some time before going on with any follow-on queries.

Regards
PG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back