Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VOM 20 Amp Fast or Slow blow fuse???

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary350

NO one in town has a 5x20mm 20 amp ceramic fuses.

I found fuses on Ebay 5 pack $3.48 free shipping. I found Fast and Slow blow. I'm not sure what to buy fast or slow?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5pcs-GMA-2...741?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item416b644965

I am guessing fast blow.

The old fuse says F20A L 250V

NO manual or instruction with the new VOM from China.

Online instructions says.

udhr_chinese_sc.gif

Last edited:
Slow-blow fuses are typically used where there is in an initial high current surge above the fuse rating (which is normally rated for average device current) when the device is first energized, such as a motor or power supply with a lot of filter capacitance, and you don't want the surge to blow the fuse.
For most other applications you want a fast-blow fuse.

If you use a slow blow fuse and overload it then the fire will be entertaining.

After carefully translating the online instructions. It says please use fast blow fuses and has a great recommendation on a local Chinese restaurant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back