Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Volume potentiometer mounted on small circuit board

Status
Not open for further replies.

CD-UK

Trying to source a part if such a pre made thing exists, I would think the part is a rotary potentiometer (can revolve continually right through 360 degrees) which controls the volume on an AV processor.

The component is mounted on a small circuit board, maybe 1" square, which has a metal plate bonded to the base preventing me from removing the part.

The shaft on the component (which holds the volume knob) has snapped off, and I'm trying to source the whole part already mounted on the small circuit board if possible.

It has a small 3 pin connector which links it to the main PCB.

Is this a standard part I could find?

It has a number etched onto the board: kb315094v0 if this is of any relevance, but doesn't appear on a google search.

Hope you guys can help.

It's probably not a pot. but a rotary encoder.

Thanks hero, I managed to dismantle it and realise it was exactly that.
Trying to source one currently. Shouldn't be too much hassle to replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back