Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage to Voltage converter design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only way is with a switch mode converter, not particularly practical for a novice, generally it's easier to just use the right supply to begin with, if oyu need -12/+12 rails you can use a PC power supply though the negative rail generally can only source a few hundred ma.

You make no mention of the current requirement?

I would just use a DC / DC converter along these lines. They are quite common from a host of manufacturers. For example the MGW301212 in the link has a 9 to 18 volt input and a -12 / +12 volt output. They have input / output isolation so you would run your -5 to +5 in giving a 10 volt DC input and providing a -12 Com +12 volt output. Again, you do not mention current?

As mentioned, the ideal solution would be a power supply around what you actually need.

Ron

Look at a MAX232. You can generate a 12V rail from a 7812 linear reg. Likewise generate the 5V from a 7805 (see TI.COM) then generate the negative rails using the charge pump. This is the simplest way at this sort of current

I had seen some circuits LM series based voltage converter..is this suitable to give the supply voltage for audio amplifier

You want + / - 12 volts. You never stated the current requirement? Now you mention an audio amplifier and again no mention of the current you need? You want a DC / DC converter and there is no way to say anymore unless you provide how much current you will need at + / - 12 volts. Supply voltage alone for an audio amp isn't enough as you do not mention the power? Additionally, the available current at the source ( + / - 5 volts) needs to be known.

Ron

Arghhh, my bad. I see the current listed:

I need a voltage to voltage converter design(circuit) from DC +/-5V to +/-15V with current rating of 8.5mA.

Must be a small audio amp?

Anyway, sorry about that. I would still be considering a nice small DC / DC converter like I linked to. Building one is not, as mentioned, an easily done task. However, your call as less than 10 mA is not much current required.

Ron

Hi...

I selected the DC-DC converter circuit using Maxim product Max 1683.

By using this data sheet We can construct the Tripler circuit ,that means it will produce the output DC +15V from input +5V.But I need negative DC -15V also
.[The another Maxim product max680 it will give the output DC +/-10 V from the input DC +/-5 V.]

How can I convert the positive voltage to negative voltage?

Please suggest some ideas for this one.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi ...If anybody worked in UC3844 or UC3845 flyback converter.please help me..
i need DC+/-5 V to DC +/-15 V converter using this IC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back