Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

voltage to frequency changer

Status
Not open for further replies.

techie

I have a task to solve and i ran into a wall due to my inexpirience in this area.
I made some circuits before but there were all DC (input/output) circuits
so now i have some problems.

I need to make voltage to frequency changer working in a 10Hz - 100Hz
frequency band with an with a sine wave output powering a 10W asyncronic
induction motor.

I did researched on the mater but i am ot sure about the proper way to solve
this problem. From what i found out voltage to frequency changer can be realized
in a variety of ways, with timers, counters, logic circuits and various other
integrated circuits as well as some solution using OP-amps, transistors and a diode pump.

My questions are which of the solutions would be the best for my task?
If it's an solution with an integrated circuit which circuit would be best suited?

All the solutions that i found offer an output in a much wider frequency range,
few KHz up to few hundred KHz. Would it be possible to make an output only
up to a 100Hz and thus use to egzisting voltage input to be able to better trim the output frequency?

From my research so far all of the solutions give square wave output.
I plan to use a simple solution of a low pass filter and a transformer to solve this part.
If some has a better idea share it with me plz.

If needed after the converter maybe put an power amplifier (depends on converter output).

I greatly appreciate any help and suggestions. Thx.

I would give the old XR2206 a try.

While primarily intended for FSK modems, XR2206's have been used for function generators for decades. The XR2206 generates triangle amd sine wave and has a VCO input.

For a squarewave only output, the easiest way to get through is to use the VCO section of a 4046 CMOS micropower PLL.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back