Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

voltage regulators

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandy

ive got a voltage regulator for my 110v overseas fridge to use here in a 220-240v country....now, i'm thinking of bringing back a 110v handheld vacuum as well....how do i know if this regulator can take both? thanks....

You don't mention what the system you have is capable of? Also you say "Voltage Regulator" but is it a transformer? Much more information would be required to answer your question.

Ron

yes, i think its a transformer. its a Matsumoto Automatic voltage regulator 500N....is that what you are asking? both my Bosch full-size (but slim) fridge and a hand-held vacuum is 110v. is this transformer capable of handling both? although its only got one output point, i could simply buy a split to "plug" both in? just worried if i would damage my electronics once i do that....thanks very much first.

Check the power ratings of the transformer (regulator), the vacuum and your fridge.

If the power demand of the vacuum and the fridge exceed the power rating of the transformer don't connect them parallel.

Boncuk

Last edited:
If the rating of the two devices together exceed the regulator rating, then just unplug the fridge when you vacuum. The short period of time the fridge is unpowered will have little effect on its inside temperature if you plug it back in as soon as you are through vacuuming.

yes, i think its a transformer. its a Matsumoto Automatic voltage regulator 500N....is that what you are asking? both my Bosch full-size (but slim) fridge and a hand-held vacuum is 110v. is this transformer capable of handling both? although its only got one output point, i could simply buy a split to "plug" both in? just worried if i would damage my electronics once i do that....thanks very much first.

It depends on the appliances power rating and the maximum amount of power your regulator can supply.

If the appliances need more power than the regulator can supply then it might be damaged.

The best I could find with Google gave an indication your unit is likely a 500 Volt Amp unit. That might make sense based on the 500N part number. So what it comes down to is the total of both loads can't exceed 500 VA or about 4 Amps at 120 VAC. Pretty much as was covered.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back