Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage regulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

brain8

hello, i have built a voltage regulator circuit (it regulates voltage at 9V)for my project and i'm required to also include current sensing and temperature sensing circuitry. For current sensing the cicruit must limit current to 1A and cut-off when 1A is exceeded. For temperature sensing the circuit must cut-off at 60 degrees centigrade.

For current sensing i was told to use a RS 304-267 IC but i can't find a data sheet so i don't know operation. if any one can suggest another IC and a location as to how to use it??

For temperature sensing i was given a LM35 IC but again i don't know how to set it to cut-off at 60 centigrade.

Any suggestions???

This is for a school project.

hello, i have built a voltage regulator circuit (it regulates voltage at 9V)for my project and i'm required to also include current sensing and temperature sensing circuitry. For current sensing the cicruit must limit current to 1A and cut-off when 1A is exceeded. For temperature sensing the circuit must cut-off at 60 degrees centigrade.

For current sensing i was told to use a RS 304-267 IC but i can't find a data sheet so i don't know operation. if any one can suggest another IC and a location as to how to use it??

For temperature sensing i was given a LM35 IC but again i don't know how to set it to cut-off at 60 centigrade.

Any suggestions???

This is for a school project.

hi.
RS 304-267 is an Hall Effect sensor. It will require an amplifier in order it to control a voltage regulator.
There are simpler ways to current limit to 1A.

Also the LM35 will require a comparator.

When you say 'cut off' for current/tempr do you mean limit to 1A or switch OFF the regulator.?

Last edited:
clarification

when i said cut-off i mean switch off as in to disconnect the load.

the comparator stuff makes sense but again i don't know exactly how to set it for 60 centigrade.

Please note that i am required to display the temperature and current on an FPGA board- i have already designed analog to digital conversion system and also the FPGA display system. all that is bothering me is the temperature and current sensing and limiting.

Could you elaborate on the current and temperature limiting- any websites, tutorials, circuit diagrams???

Last edited:
hi,
Can you post a little more detail regarding the 9V reg supply you have built.:)

How do you plan to switch OFF the reg.?

A Brain Regulator

As you know Mr Brain. we do not tolerate this kind of breach of interlectual properties and conduct policy. Refrain from using these resourses to complete your project. If i find you citing information here again, i would take appropriate disciplinary action to the head of the department. I am closely mointoring this side frequently.

Mr. De Four.

As you know Mr Brain. we do not tolerate this kind of breach of interlectual properties and conduct policy. Refrain from using these resourses to complete your project. If i find you citing information here again, i would take appropriate disciplinary action to the head of the department. I am closely mointoring this side frequently.

Mr. De Four.

I dont know you are for real or just someone having a [bad] joke.?

The OP clearly states its a 'school project' and he asking for 'suggestions' not for someone to do the project for him.

If your post is genuine, IMHO its a despicable way to give correction to a student.

Mr. De Four.

-3 for spelling.

Breach??

Mr. De Four.

Even if i did know you, this is not an intellectual property infringement as all i am doing is asking my fellow colleagues for help which is perfectly acceptable. Please, who ever you are, do not tarnish our forums with your inappropriate posts as this serves no purpose to the further advancement of knowledge and technical innovation. Thank you very much.
(spell check!!!)

You could use other regulators, like a UA723 with an LM319 or LM711 comparator. A thermal fuse may be added, if you can find one that opens at 60C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back