Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage regulator dropout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went and checked the parts. Have the 1N5822, and some 100 uH inductors. Not sure about the rating, about the size of a 1 watt resistor. Didn't dig out the L/C meter (batteries probably dead), but the bands work the same as resistors if I remember correctly, they are silver-brown-black-brown...

Those look like RF chokes. You have to look for 'power inductors'. There are both t.h. and SMD versions; lots of images on Google.

Last edited:
Guess I'll need to break out the L/C meter and do some searching. I know I have a bunch I never sorted. Don't remember any markings, so no way to determine power ratings. Guess if its not up to the task, a little smoke is always fun... Got a hunch most will handle 1/2 okay (for a while) though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back