Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage regulator Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

spike47

Hi

I am trying to find a equivelant to this regulator MCP1700-2102E/TO from Microchip technology , I need 2.1 Volts output in a 3-Pin TO-92 package.
There seems to be plenty of 1.8 v and 3.3v around ! .

attached data sheet

spike

Attachments

• MCP1700-2102E_TO Microchip Technology _ Mouser for uploading.pdf
    190.8 KB · Views: 160
Hi

Thanks for your reply , could not find any there , I have found a data sheet for one but it is a old data sheet by TelCom semiconducter inc , who are now Micochip , back were I started ! .

cheers

spike

hi,
The closest I can find is the Holtek TO92 2.1v, most of the 2.1v are custom devices.
E

Attachments

• 71xx_1v170.pdf
    137.2 KB · Views: 156
Does it have to be TO-92? If your more flexible on that requirement you will have better luck finding a similar part that is adjustable. For example:

https://www.mouser.com/ds/2/268/22070a-53890.pdf
The MCP1824/MCP1824S is a 300 mA Low Dropout
(LDO) linear regulator that provides high current and
low output voltages. The MCP1824 comes in a fixed or
adjustable output voltage version
, with an output
voltage range of 0.8V to 5.0V. The 300 mA output
current capability, combined with the low output voltage
capability, make the MCP1824 a good choice for new
sub-1.8V output voltage LDO applications that have
high current demands. The MCP1824S is a 3-pin fixed
voltage version.
Also take a look at this selection Matrix:
https://www.mouser.com/Microchip/Se...tors/_/N-5cgacZscv7?P=1z0zl2wZ1z0si72&FS=True

I'm afraid if you stick with your TO-92 requirement, your gonna limit your choices. Party on :)

hi,
The closest I can find is the Holtek TO92 2.1v, most of the 2.1v are custom devices.
E

Hi

Thanks for reply , yes they will do tks , will now see where I can get them form .

ps: like your avatar , my old school badge in north yorkshire , but in green
cheers

spike

Last edited:
Does it have to be TO-92? If your more flexible on that requirement you will have better luck finding a similar part that is adjustable. For example:

https://www.mouser.com/ds/2/268/22070a-53890.pdf
The MCP1824/MCP1824S is a 300 mA Low Dropout
(LDO) linear regulator that provides high current and
low output voltages. The MCP1824 comes in a fixed or
adjustable output voltage version
, with an output
voltage range of 0.8V to 5.0V. The 300 mA output
current capability, combined with the low output voltage
capability, make the MCP1824 a good choice for new
sub-1.8V output voltage LDO applications that have
high current demands. The MCP1824S is a 3-pin fixed
voltage version.
Also take a look at this selection Matrix:
https://www.mouser.com/Microchip/Se...tors/_/N-5cgacZscv7?P=1z0zl2wZ1z0si72&FS=True

I'm afraid if you stick with your TO-92 requirement, your gonna limit your choices. Party on :)

Hi

Thanks for your reply , yes I do need them to be in a 3-Pin TO-92 package , but ericgibbs as found some for me in a TO-92 package , just hope that they are available .

cheers

spike

When I've had similar issues where I have to replace a custom-voltage three terminal regulator......................I build a small board with the regulator IC which can provide me with the proper voltage and its associated components, and have a three pin header coming out of it with the same pin configuration as the older regulator.
If done with SMT components, you can make it fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back