Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage Reducer Circuit (other than resistor divider)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize in advance for the lack of a circuit diagram. I do not have access to a schematic cad package for the moment.

The basis of the circuit is a temperature controller. LM34 temperature sensor input (10mV/1degF), MC14072 for x10 gain, LM393 comparator. I found a 0-200mV LED display to show the temperature if the LM34 output is divided by 10.

I would also like to be able to display the LM393 threshold. If I use the opamp output (100mV/1degF) divided by 100 and the threshold divided by 100 (selected by a switch) I can display either. in short, displaying the voltages at the comparator - or + inputs. But using a 9:1 (900k:100k) resistor divider from either point affects the voltage at that point. I was thinking of using the other half of the MC14072 as a voltage follower with a 10k pull-up and a 900k/100k resistor divider to ground. Will this work?

A buffer should be fine, but so would suitable selection of the various resistors in the potential dividers.

However, if you've already got a spare opamp that's an easy solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back