Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage level Shifter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lord loh.

How can I make a voltage level shifter? using a transisitor?

I need to translate a TTL logic level into a 12v logic level.

I tried (swCAD simulation) to apply the 5v at the base and 12v Vcc and tried to take the output from the collector. With no emitter resistor. The output was perfect except that the current was 0mA when the Vc was 12v.(The phase was shifted)

Then I tried to connect the load at the Emitter and the voltage was just 5V or less (Base voltage).(In Phase)

How Can I make this voltage level translator ?

Thanks in advance.

Try using two stages if you dont want the logic inversion.

JimB

lord loh. said:
JimB said:
Try using two stages if you dont want the logic inversion.

JimB

But the current shall still remain 0mA. :(

My EPROM burner requires 100mA for programing. (That is what I need this for.)

Check the hardware extras in my tutorials, (or look at Vpp switching in almost any PIC programmer).

lord loh. said:
Thanks a lot... The simulation worked perfectly...

But, to be honest, such a simple circuit doesn't require simulating, it doesn't even need building and testing, it's so simple you can tell it works just by looking at it!.

You call it computer games don't you? :D

Yes! - although I have recently simulated a crossover.

Nigel Goodwin said:
But, to be honest, such a simple circuit doesn't require simulating, it doesn't even need building and testing, it's so simple you can tell it works just by looking at it!.

For you Nigel, I am still a newbie...:D Several circuits that I thought would work turned out to be duds on the breadboard. So I have taken to simulating...

Nigel Goodwin said:
Yes! - although I have recently simulated a crossover.

What is a crossover? :?

Even I have started simulating all the circuits that I've seen on my 'scope.
I increased the resolution of one setting to its max and my very fast pc took forever and nearly died. It was trying to make a 120GB bitmap. :lol:

A speaker's crossover network filters the "woof" from breaking the tweeter and filters the "tweet" from the woofer that can't reproduce it properly.

audioguru said:
Even I have started simulating all the circuits that I've seen on my 'scope.

In the previous posts, audioguru claimed to have run his first simulation :D while trying to help me out with an amplifier. I'll remember that.... I got audioguru addicted to "computer games" :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back