Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

voltage follower and current follower

Status
Not open for further replies.

neo_star

Wat is ment by current follower and voltage follower circiut

A voltage follower is just a circuit where the input voltage is equal to the output voltage. It is also called a buffer and is used to produce the same voltage, but with larger current capability and lower output impedance.

I don't think there is such a thing as a current follower. A current mirror maybe. It's just a current source that has an output equal to the current being measured somewhere else.

Last edited:
thanks a lot

and do u know how exactly a transistor works
text books always confuse me a lot

u can also direct me to a website regarding this

*exactly* is a loaded word. Textbook confuses me too.

Last edited:
Knowing that an ideal voltage follower has unity gain, infinite input impedance, and zero output impedance, then a current follower should have unity (current) gain, zero input impedance, and infinite output impedance. Just as an common collector stage (emitter follower) is the single-transistor approximation of a voltage follower, a common-base stage is the single-transistor approximation of a current follower.
An op amp with unity feedback is, of course, a very good approximation of a voltage follower. The only IC I am familiar with that is close to a current follower is the LM13700, which is a really cool part for an analog geek like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back