Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage FoldBack circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

tahoka

I am doing a project on Transformer Annunciation System
There is a charger that supplies the power to the switches that control the isolation of the transformer in case of extreme conditions.
There are two parameters for the charger namely Charger Voltage(0-150 V) and Charger Current(0-11 Amperes).
The tripping value for Charger Voltage is 99 V i.e. if the voltage goes below this then the supply has to be terminated.
For charger current the value varies between 0-11 Amp with 10 Amperes being the normal value. But with change in load the current may increase more than 11 Amp.
Now our project requires that as the current increases above 11 amp the supply should not be cut off. But instaed there should be a corresponding decrease in the Charger Voltage value so tht the power dissipation remains constant. But again if the Voltage goes below 99 Volts the supply is terminated.
I need help about how i should approach this problem. Can the voltage foldback circuits be used for this??? Or is there any other alternative approach required??
Please can someone help me with this problem??????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back