Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage Drop on L298 Outputs

Status
Not open for further replies.

benhawkins

Hi. i've searched other topics but couldnt find something related to my problem. for my robot project, i am driving a dc motor with pwm. when i test the l298 (with or without pwm) i see that the voltage between the output pins are not 12 volts. it is about 1 volt lower. (driving l298 with 12 volts). is this a normal thing? or there is a possible solution? i thought that motor is making a loading but i couldnt solve it using a buffer.

Didn't you look at the datasheet for the L298?
With a 1A load, its output high voltage loss is max 1.7V and its output low voltage loss is max 1.6V. Its max total voltage loss is 3.2V.
With a 2A load, its output high voltage loss is max 2.7V and its output low voltage loss is max 2.3V. Its max total voltage loss is 4.9V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back