Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage Doubler

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what law of physics says you cant use the -6 volt point as the common ground and the center tap as the +6 and the top end as the +12? :confused:

The transformer doesn't care about what is used for what reference point and the circuit will still see a +6 and a +12 as it needs to.
I was thinking about a power amp that uses plus and minus 6V.

Naw:

I think this is what he wants:

Note the ripple as a function of the load currents.
Thanks MikeMI, this is exactly that I want.I knew this diagram but always saw it as -6V,0V,+6V instead of 0v,+6V,+12V.I am sorry I am unable to add to your reputation points as I get the error "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to MikeMl again." I do not understand is it your fault, that you understand the requirements better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back