Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

voltage divider

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiranreddy_ch

I would like to monitor humidity using a sensor which has an output 0-10v but my data logger has an input 0-2.5v. I would like to use a normal resitive voltage divider using two resitors for this purpose.

Would the resistors itself become a load ? Can I use a high resistance to avoid this?Can anyone please suggest me and explain me any problems in using this?

Would the resistors itself become a load ?
Yes.
Can I use a high resistance to avoid this?
It won't entirely avoid loading but it will reduce it.
What is the output impedance of the sensor?
What is the input impedance of the data logger?

Check the datasheets for the sensor and datalogger. Without knowing their type numbers it is difficult to advise on measurement methods. We need more information.
If the sensor has a low output impedance and the datalogger has a high input impedance then a simple resistive divider will probably be ok. If not, then a buffer opamp would be needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back