Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

voltage divider

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the node you called "Signal 12V" swinging from 0V to 12?

Why do you conect your divider after the sensor, you may connect it across the battery to get your 5.6 v output.

to get the best help, give more information about your sensor such as its number.

Last edited:
is an inductive sensor, its supply is 12V.

I need to give the signal only 5V, because I connect it to PIC

How many threads do you need for the same question, I have already answered some of your posts on the other thread, a few minutes ago.???

If you have 12v. at that voltage divider node, then no current is flowing through the divider, your ground is not hooked up to the 470 ohm resistor.

Last edited:
yes .. is the inductive signal, can not detect is 0, when it detects is 12v

Then the inductive signal is not swinging from 12V all the way to 0V. Look at the attached. If the inductive signal swings from 12 to 6V, for example, the attenuator reduces this to ~2.5V to ~5V, which is not a well defined logic signal. The PIC will likely think the signal is always a ONE.

Attachments

• DF25.png
    DF25.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 188
colin, I hate to tell you this, but the schematic you posted and the one he did are identical except for the resistor values.

Last edited:
First of all I have re-drawn the circuit to make is clear how the connections are made to the sensor. Secondly, he may not have connected the lower divider to 0v and that's why the circuit is not dividing.
Thirdly we know nothing about the sensor and I have increased the impedance of the output as 1k5 load may be too low.
Fourthly, the sensor may work on 5v and this will make the circuit easier to design.
Fifthly, it is absolutely important that English is written and understood in these dialogues. Uver wise et es veri dificult too now wat de over persin is talking abut.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back