Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage divider for VREF --- what value resistors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

futz

I want to use two equal value resistors for a voltage divider to get a 2.5V VREF+ from my 5V VDD. What value resistors are recommended for this?

Last edited:
Use a TL431, else it needs to be about 250ohms impedance. So a pair of 247ohm resistors would do the trick.
I've done it on the Junebug with VR2 and a 10uf cap in CON4

Use a TL431, else it needs to be about 250ohms impedance. So a pair of 247ohm resistors would do the trick.
Cool. I don't have a TL431. Should order some in my next order because I keep running into this problem. I'll do it with resistors for now. Nearest resistors I have to 247:eek:hm: is 330:eek:hm:. Close enough? Probably fine, right? There's virtually no current draw on it, I would think.

It's in the 18F1320 datasheet, the A/D actually sinks and sources the VREF+ pin. A cap should stop that. The TL431 is pretty handy too.

Oh ya, Bill, your blog here won't allow me to post a comment. I was going to say (in re: your Lab-Easy comment) that DipMicro is liquidating Lab-Easy products. Poor sales? Promo? Guess I should buy some while it's cheap...

Oh ya, Bill, your blog here won't allow me to post a comment. I was going to say (in re: your Lab-Easy comment) that DipMicro is liquidating Lab-Easy products. Poor sales? Promo? Guess I should buy some while it's cheap...

Yes get some, they are cheaper than cost.

Dunno why you can't post a comment, Pommie did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back