Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

voltage divider for speaker out to line level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaston

i have read that a simple voltage divider could be used to convert from speaker level output to a line level.my question is what happens when the voltage swings negative and the electrons flow in the opposite direction.now the smaller resistor will be before the larger one and there shouldn't be the same drop. i have run this circuit on the multisim and it works. i dont go back to school untill tomorrow so i cant use a real o-scope to see if it will really work. and if it does work why?

Hi Gaston,
A simple voltage divider is made from resistors that are not affected by polarity. They divide the voltage if it is positive or negative, the same.

Yes, resistors are completely non-polarised - it makes no difference using AC or DC - you can work out the values from normal ohms law, ignoring the fact it's fed from an AC signal. Or, you can even work them out simply by the division ratio - although you have to be aware of the potential change when you apply your load to it, which is effectively in parallel with the botton resistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back