Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrowley

Hi
I'd like to build a circuit that would allow me to output 1-10vdc and step through from +1 to +10vdc at one volt increments.Normally I would just use a rotary switch to do this but panel space is limited.The two ideas I've had are..
1.Use 10 momentary switches eg switch 1 outputs 1v,switch 3 outputs 3v etc.I've seen circuits that give momentary switches latching action but how can I have it so only one button is active at a time and cancels the previous button push?

2.Have two momentary switches that scroll up and down from 1 to 10v,ideally with a seven segment led display showing 0-9?

I'd be grateful for any ideas or maybe someone has done this before?
Thanks
Rich

Decade Counter and 8bit DAC . Decade counter (4017) and home-made DAC (opamp and ten resistors). If you need the LED display, then a four-bit up-dwn decade counter, a display decoder, and a R-2R DAC.
A PIC can count, drive an LED display and implement the DAC, either using PWM and a filter, or a resistive DAC.

Last edited:
I was thinking of a 4017 driving switching transistors to power an array of 10 LED's and set the output voltage of an LM317 with one pushbutton to reset it to the lowest voltage and one pushbutton to sequence from there up to 10 Volts. Unless you set up a -1.5V supply rail though, you would have to limit the lowest voltage to about 1.5V.

How accurate do the voltages have to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back