Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage controlled variable capacitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

devonNash

I'm looking for a voltage controlled variable capacitor which can work in the range of micro-farads.The varacator diodes which I found only works in the pico-farad range.Any suggestions.Thanks in advance.

Motorized variable tuning capacitor? I have built an HF automatic antenna tuner which has motorized variable tuning capacitors and roller inductors. I also have a mil surplus Collins unit like that. The motors is part of a servo, so you could say they follow a voltage :D

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I've seen an opamp circuit that acts like (simulates) a big electrolytic cap, you may be able to adapt that circuit so the capacitance is electrically controlled.

Please post the circuit if you find/build one, it may be handy.

I am fairly sure that they don't exist.

What are you trying to do with the capacitors?

I want to create a LC circuit.The driving signal has wide range of frequencies.The capacitor has to be automatically adjusted (by microcontroller) so that LC resonance frequency matches the frequency of the driving signal hence the reactance of the LC is very small.Because I am trying to make an automated system, a voltage controlled cap is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back