Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

voltage comparator to make high/low temp indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceilingwalker

Good day all. I'm trying to make an indicator light circuit for water tanks. What I'm trying to accomplish is: liquid tank temp should maintain 140-degrees F, if 10-degrees lower and LED turns on, if 10-degrees higher a different LED turns on. I'm using a TLC272 dual op-amp, a 1M and 10K pot, and a 100K 3-wire RTD. I've attached my diagram. I'm not getting the results I expected. I expected to set my high and low referrences with the two pots, then have the LED's turn-on and off with the change in temperature of the RTD. When I replace the RTD with a 100K pot, it does what I need. I thought the RTD was linear, could this be my problem? I have been trying lots of different scenario's and I can't get it to work. I thank you for taking the time to answer this.

Attachments

• comparatorcircuit.pdf
    27.1 KB · Views: 170
Do you have a part number for the RTD?

Why is one trim pot 10K and the other 1Meg?

The circuit has no hysteresis.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back