Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage Comparator Circuit Needed LM311 Equivalent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Roff. That's a really nice schematic you put up. I'm actually doing the same ADC project as AMD, but with my setup, I'm most likely going to be pulling 702khz into the comparator so that I only have a maximum error % of 1%. Would your circuit still be able to handle that?

Last edited:
Wow Roff. That's a really nice schematic you put up. I'm actually doing the same ADC project as AMD, but with my setup, I'm most likely going to be pulling 702khz into the comparator so that I only have a maximum error % of 1%. Would your circuit still be able to handle that?
1% of what?

1% of what?

1% error in the output voltage level vs in the actual input voltage level.

The nyquist freq is 2x's the maximum input freq but can cause a large error in the output voltage level vs input voltage.

I used the formula

%error = (1-(R/sqrt(1+R^2))*100

where R = ratio of the ADC bandwidth vs the input frequency

I solved for R and got R=7.02 ish and so the ADC bandwidth would have to be 702 khz.

I got the formulas and stuff off of Bandwidth, Sample Rate, and Nyquist Theorem - Developer Zone - National Instruments.

If I did something wrong, please correct me. I honestly hate analog and much prefer digital logic, fpga, etc.

Thanks in advance for your help.

What are you going to do with this A/D? What is the input signal source? What is the sample rate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back