Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage booster schmatic

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfink06

Hi all,
I am having trouble getting this circuit to work correctly. The output of the voltage booster does not stay as high as it should be. Someone here told me that they think the voltage booster and pic power lines need to be separated, but I haven't tested this idea yet. Is there some problem with the way it is drawn?:confused:
Thanks.

Attachments

• shematic.JPG
    shematic.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 263
Ok, without the chip numbers, it is difficult to work out if your circuit is correct or not. I am assuming the component between P$1 and P$2 is an inductor.

Also if CO is your output capacitor, it looks a little small. I would make it 100uF and see what happens then.

Do you have a reference circuit to work from in the datasheet?

Also your feedback resistors are rather high. Unless you are running this circuit off a lemon, bring them down by a factor of 10 for better stability.

I also don't think you need RF3. This will only slow down your response time

Let me know

:eek:

The voltage booster is TPS61081 from TI.

okay, the PWR signal here is a 3V battery, so I expect 20V out. The output is then fed into these transistors here. I actually need 120 mA (I think thats right...) out of the transistors. I have tested the voltage booster and it works fine by itself, but when I connect it in this circuit with the PIC running It doesn't put out 20V like it should. My friend suggests that the PIC clear pin may be falling low, but that doesn't sound right to me.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 173
I think this is the model... its from Full River LP30 FR Bahoma 3.3V 30mAh

Ok That battery puts out 600mA max, and you need more than 800mA and with the inefficiencies of the inverter closer to 1A or more. You need a bigger battery.
Are you running a motor or stepper? It'll probably need much more current to start than run.

actually the transistors are running electro-thermal actuators.

and yes it is a pulsed output

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back