Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage and current zero crossing

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonel

I need to measure the V-I displacement on a 3phase, without neutral, and i don´t know which circuit to use.
I´m thinking to use optocouplers to detect the zero voltage and corrent crossing and in a microcontroller determine the diference between them.
If the circuit was 1phase I would know, but with 3phases!???
Anybody can help me!?

I would use a current transformer and comparitor to find the current zero crossing. If the 3 phases are equally loaded, you only need to measure one. If the loads are not equal, it is just like measuring 3 single phase circuits.

Opening the lines to insert a resistance would be a problem, and if it is a high power system, the power disapation could be a problem, plus you still need a way to isolate the 3 phases.

I´m thinking to use this circuit (see the attachement). What do you say? Should I do some changes? Where?
Or you advise other kind of circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back