Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage amplifier (mV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodrigobg

Hi, I'm using a MPX2010DP pressure sensor to build a differential manometer, the output voltage of the sensor is between 0 - 20 mV and I need to send this voltage to a ADC converter but this voltage is very low so I need to amplify it with a gain close to 100, I tried with a non inverting amplifier with LM324 but it did'nt work, any suggestions??

Last edited:
Hi, I'm using a MPX2010DP pressure sensor to build a differential manometer, the output voltage of the sensor is between 0 - 20 mV and I need to send this voltage to a ADC converter but this voltage is very low so I need to amplify it with a gain close to 100, I tried with a non inverting amplifier with LM324 but it did'nt work, any suggestions??

hi,
If you post your LM324 circuit we may be able to help.

You will probably find that the input offset voltage of the LM324 is large compared with the signal you are trying to amplify. You need a component with a lower offset voltage.

Max input offset for the LM324 is specified as 5mV, subject to a drift of max 30uV per deg C. You could null this offset with a suitable resistor/trimmer connected to V+ or ground as appropriate, or you could use a precision op-amp instead of the LM324.

OK, post your circuit and let's have a look. Looking at the input impedance of the LM324 it should not load the output of your sensor (this is 3k). The LM324 senses down to 0V when running off a 5V supply, so the op amp is capable of seeing the 20mV output from the sensor. It therefore sounds like it could be a circuit issue (or you have wired it up wrong). Post your circuit and we can look at it

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back