Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

volt and amp panel meter for tank circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaels5989

I am trying to find a panel meter that will display the rms voltage and rms current in a tank circuit with a frequency no greater than 150khz, rms voltages no greater than 200 volts and rms currents no greater than 300 amps. I do not want to lug around my scope. Are there any cheap meters to do this (ebay)? Is there a way to modify volt/amp meters on ebay for this frequency range? Thanks for any help.

You could modify them with some external circuitry.
A precision full-wave rectifier op amp circuit will convert the AC voltage to an average value of the AC using a low-pass filter at its output. This can be scaled to give the proper RMS voltage display on a DC meter.
You could use two of these circuits, one for voltage and one for current (by measuring the voltage across a shunt resistor).

Over what range of current and voltage do you want to measure?
What value of shunt resistance can you tolerate in the tank to measure the current?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back